Friday, March 21, 2008

If you are in Sydney...


and if you like the Outback... you might like to check out a wonderful collection of photographs at the Bondi Pavilion Gallery. (Queen Elizabeth Drive, Bondi Beach, Sydney, NSW -- open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day)

It's called OUTBACK BY THE SEA and it is a collection of 24 years' worth of photographs of Australia's largest cattle stations taken by fabulous North Queensland photographer Fiona Lake. It's on display till March 30th.

I can guarantee that the photos are terrific, as I have Fiona's wonderful book A Million Acre Masterpiece, which I keep by my desk and use as a constant source of inspiration for my outback books.

I'm only sorry I can't be there to see the exhibition. Fiona's love of the Outback and the life on cattle stations shines through her work. So if you have the chance, treat yourself to a uniquely Australian experience. Oh, and Fiona will be in attendance, so say g'day from me.

No comments: