Thursday, February 07, 2013

Best laid plans...

I was going to start blogging regularly and then it fell off the rails. I could try to blame Cyclone Oswald. When the roads were cut, we were stuck "camping" in our empty Townsville apartment (we'd been getting it ready for fresh renters). But it was lovely to reconnect with our Townsville view.

I could also blame the disgustingly hot weather we had after the cyclone, which left me lying around useless most afternoons. Or I could blame revisions deadlines, but I think the truth is, I got out of the habit, so I'm really planning to address that.
The good news is, Home Before Sundownmy second single title for Penguin Australia and a sequel to Zoe's Muster, has the editorial thumbs up and will be released in late July. This was the MS after a final read-through...

 I'm now wondering what the cover might be like. Ooh, the suspense.
Also, I don't think I've mentioned here that Zoe's Muster is now available globally on amazon. here are links to US and UK and France and Italy.
In more domestic news, we've added three ducks to our flock, and all the birds are now fenced off in the orchard. They were a little too fond of our verandah. One hen, Darling, has gone off the lay in the hot weather, but with three little visitors this weekend, there should still be eggs to collect.
Back soon. Promise.

1 comment:

2paw said...

I am glad you are fine in spite of the horrid weather. We really do live in a land of drought and flooding rain and bushfires. Can't wait to read your sequel!! How exciting. I had been wondering who'd get a guernsey in the next book.