Friday, July 24, 2009

the best thing...

We're back in the hills again... after a busy, catching-up time in Townsville that included buying a new fridge (had to take off doors to apartment to let it in) and new vacuum cleaner, ( I heart my new Dyson) as well as getting together for several lovely family gatherings.
Now it's raining up here, so we needn't have worried that our plants would die while we were away. Everything's growing. We have snow peas almost ready to be picked. And we have a trailer full of fabulous sheoak firewood.
But one of the best things about being back in the country is being able to buy freshly picked produce straight from the farmers' markets. Love it, love it, love it. This was this morning's haul. OK, maybe I went a tad overboard.

3 comments:

Magdalena Scott said...

Hm. I suppose our local farmers' market will be soggy today...rain has moved into my corner of Southern Indiana. What a great haul you got! I can't make out all of it, but I'll say we can't purchase pineapple at our farmers' market. Have to go to the grocery for that.

Enjoy!

JoyfullyHis said...

Wow! Is that a pineapple? It's enormous! Even the ones at the supermarkets are pee-wee compared to that. You're making me hungry...we're getting a little tired of all the squash I planted in our garden. ;)

Lacey Devlin said...

wow I'm completely jealous