Thursday, July 15, 2010
These are a few of my favourite things...
1. Watching the patterns of light and shade on the hills at Tarzali in the late afternoon.
2. Walking into a library – drinking in the silence and seeing the rows of books, just waiting.
3. The lush slow movements in classical music.
4. Elliot’s sense of humour.
5. Eating crisp apples while curled up with a really good book.
6. Looking back at Townsville from the back of the Magnetic Island ferry.
7. Talking to my daughters on the phone.
8. My granddaughter Lilly’s welcoming hugs.
9. Those occasional writing days when I’m totally in the zone.
10. Diving beneath a clean ocean wave.
11. Eating a perfectly fresh boiled egg with cracked pepper and toast fingers.
12. My grown up children – and the way they continue to surprise me.
13. Eating fish and chips at the beach, or anything my son Richard has cooked.
14. Dressing up and going to a concert at the theatre.
15. Christmas trees.
16. Getting together with writer friends.
17. When Elliot makes exciting, outrageous predictions about my writing.
18. True and inspiring stories of courage or comapssion.
19. The cards my daughter Vicki makes.
20. Airports – the whole buzz of arrivals and departures.
What are your favourites? I'd love to hear.