Sunday, October 09, 2011

Things that go bump in the night...

I forgot to shut the French doors in our bedroom last night (curtains were drawn across and didn't notice). Woke to thump in middle of night -- E couldn't find anything. I went to bathroom, am sitting on loo and see a snake on bathroom floor. Called quite calmly to E.
'It's a tree snake,' he calls calmly back.
Snake is blocking my exit. I stand on loo seat while he throws a quilt over it, then I dash past it to safety and we bravely close bathroom door.

Have cups of tea and eventually get back to sleep. This morning snake is gone (through bathroom window), but I found photos in my office (next to bedroom) knocked off the top of the filing cabinet.


The amazing thing is I'm not spooked. But I will definitely check windows and doors in future -- and think about flyscreens for our bedroom. :)


This photo is of a similar snake that turned up in a Cairns airconditioner recently.




3 comments:

Lacey Devlin said...

I'm so glad it was a tree snake and nothing more sinister. It's wonderful that it found its own way out. Snake extraction's never fun.

2paw said...

I'm glad it was a safe snake too!! Nearly all of our state's snakes are of the poisonous variety, but I still prefer a snake to a spider. I don't know how you went back to sleep again!!

Miss Bougie said...

Ugh, what a way to spend the night!!! Brave you!