Let it be in winter...
(or thereabouts... May to October is fine)
Not that I don't love living here all year round, but I think most people from elsewhere would find our summers too harsh.
- it's VERY hot in summer.
- we have cyclones in summer.
- if you swim here in summer you have to wear a stinger suit to protect you from the box jelly fish.
But none of the above applies in winter!!!!!!
NQ in winter is gorgeous.
- balmy weather
- blue skies
- swim wherever you like -- we have loads of beaches on the mainland and on all the Barrier Reef islands
- footy season (home of North Queensland Cowboys)
- festival season ( Australian Festival of Chamber Music --July, Cultural Fest -August) and this year, for the first time, Write Up North --the first ever Townsville Festival of Writing from September 22nd -- 24th -- and yep, I'll be there!!!! More about that later.
oh, and I'm finishing my book... better get back to it...