Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Best Bosses


With my book delivered, I had visions of a full week's gardening before I got my revision suggestions, but it's raining...
I've already changed clothes twice today, because I hate gardening in a raincoat, and now I've given up.
At least I can take the time to tell you that Blind Date with the Boss is available in ebook fromat in a Best of the Bosses 2008 pack at eHarlequin.
If you like ebooks and bosses, this would be a good great opportunity, as there are terrific books by Kate Hardy and Cathy Williams as well!
Meanwhile, I'm hunting for nice recipes with rhubarb. We hardly ever have rhubarb in Townsville, but last week in Sydney, I ate it every chance I could -- and then I found it in Malanda yesterday.

Poor Elliot... we've had rhubarb for dessert last night and for breakfast this morning and now I rather like the sound of these rhubarb muffins , recipe courtesy of the New Zealand foodlovers website.
Ingredients
2 cups flour4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup sugar100g butter
1 cup milk
1 egg1
1/2 cups finely chopped rhubarb
1 tablespoon raw sugar1 tablespoon cinnamon
Method
Sift flour, baking powder, salt and sugar into a bowl. Melt butter and mix with milk and egg. Stir rhubarb through dry ingredients and make a well in the centre. Pour in milk mixture and mix lightly to combine. Spoon into muffin tins to 3/4 full and sprinkle with mixed raw sugar and cinnamon. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden and springy to the touch.

1 comment:

2paw said...

I highly concur with your rhubarb muffin recipe, I have made some, not the same obviously, but they are delicious. I can recommend Rhubarb Crumble and also baked Rhubarb with custard .