Saturday, May 16, 2009

on being a country mouse...


One of the things I love about the Tablelands is that I can grow such a wide range of things here, including plants that normally only grow in the south. I also love being able to grab a handful of flowers from the garden and throw them in a jug for instant effect, and then I can smile at them and get pleasure from them whenever I pass. The long white flowers in this photo are buddleia and they smell divine. I mean divine!!! I believe they'remembers of the lilac family. I've always loved being able to pick flowers from the garden and you might notice that vases of flowers creep into many of my books.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Barbara, buddleias are also very attractive to bees, which means other plants in your garden will get pollenated too, so as well as flowers, you'll get increased productivity from your fruits and other flowers. A win-win-win situation. :)