Disaster, however, awaited us.
Well, maybe disaster is a bit melodramatic, but disappointment is certainly accurate. The very first disk got stuck in our CD player and subsequently the whole (six stacker) thing ceased to function. No matter what we tried or how many pages of the car's maitenance handbook we trawled, we could only get an Error 99 message flashing at us.
On returning to the city, we took the car to a car-audio place and it cost $75 to have the library's disk extracted, and we were told that the whole unit was damaged and would have to be replaced.
When someone at the library stuck a see-through plastic label on the CD with the library's logo etc, he/she let a little bit of plastic overlap into the hole in the centre of the CD. This teensy bit of plastic caught on the drive shaft in our player and seized up the whole thing.
Dear reader, be warned: check out those centre holes in your CDs very carefully.