I’ve been tagged by fellow Aussie romance author, glamorous mum-to-be, Nicola Marsh. So, now that I’ve finally put Sophie and Mark to bed. (Tee hee – I’m talking in the publishing terms here) I’ve thrown together ten random things about me.
1. My favourite food is porridge with milk and honey!
But I don’t eat it all the time. I LOVE fruit and my favourite fruit is a luscious, chilled mango. Apart from that, I like peasant food – anything that goes well with crusty bread, especially rich casseroles and thick soups – oh, and cheese.
2. I love adagios – especially slow movements in violin concertos and string quartets.
3. I very much admire a friend, who is an International peace negotiator for the abolition of land mines.
4. We’ve had very few pets – four children took up most of my energy – but I do like dogs and cats. I think I prefer cats and for the very lazy reason that they take less looking after.
5. I dream about living in a big European city like Paris, Madrid or Rome for a whole year.
6. I want to be Rosamunde Pilcher when I grow up.
7. I feel very nostalgic about this photo of a corner of my garden. This was at the Townsville house we lived in for more than twenty years and where we raised our children.
8. If I wasn’t a teacher or a writer, I would have loved to have been an actress, or an artist.
9. The things I miss most about my childhood are singing with my sisters and dreaming in my parents’ garden.
10. I love rainy days and to spend them eating apples while curled in an armchair reading.
OK, so I tag Cindy2paw and Ally Blake and Liz Fielding