Monday, May 03, 2010

A special weekend...

We've had another lovely long weekend with visitors. Last weekend friends, this weekend family. It's still (yes, I'm not exaggerating STILL) raining (worst wet season ever for FNQ) but we were cosy indoors with the fire going.


Milla and Sophie enjoyed watching the misty rain on the hills from the verandah. Don't babies always look scrumptious when they're just bathed and in pjs and ready for bed?






Lilly (the twins' big sister) and I managed to use a little patch of sunshine to tidy up the herb garden. Lilly was v handy with scissors and trowel.

And Lilly and I had a nightly sparkler ritual that was great fun.

I cooked up our family favourites -- bacon and macaroni casserole for the children; caramel rum pie for the adults. But the best meal was when my son Richard (a former chef) helped me make a fabulous ricotta gnocchi with pumpkin and blue cheese from a recipe in this month's Country Style magazine. It. Was. Truly. Divine. Rush out and buy a copy if you live in Oz. I only hope I can reproduce it on my own.

Back to writing tomorrow. Promise.

2 comments:

2paw said...

The twins have grown so much, they are real little people now!! Sounds like you had a wonderful family time together. Our weather is always flood or famine, so to speak....

JoyfullyHis said...

Sounds like you are having a marvelous time. I concur about the afterbath smell. Shiny baby hair and soft baby skin. There's nothing quite like it. And I envy you your gourmet relative! The gnocchi sounds wonderful.