Saturday, October 25, 2008

thought for the day...


An idea I encountered in my reading today that I really liked... artistic excellence is incorruptible.


In the middle of the world's current economic turmoil and with all the finger pointing etc filling the media, it's a thought I'd like to hold for a little while...
And when I was hunting for an example I couldn't go past Michaelangelo's David. What purer example of artisitic excellence than this? Look at that detail in the hand... and to think it's carved from marble. I'll never forget standing in awe in front of this statue in Florence. One of life's precious memories...

1 comment:

Magdalena Scott said...

Barbara, What a beautiful thought.

"artistic excellence is incorruptible"

Definitely worth printing and posting where I can see it when I write.

Thank you for posting the picture as well. Perfect.