Tuesday, November 07, 2006

More visitors

Yesterday, the neighbours' goslings came to help me in the garden. When they first hatched, they imprinted on humans and if their (human) family are away, they come looking for company. Of course, when I turned up a worm, I became their new best friend.

On the writing front. I've ditched a secondary character. Could hear my editor whispering in my ear: "Do you really need this person? What's he adding to the story?"
So he's gone (got up at 4.30 this morning to do the deed). I've had to do a lot of re-writing, but I know the story's stronger for the change.

Onwards and upwards!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What cute goslings!! Everyone is getting 'fowled' up at the moment: Ally, Yarnivorous, Barb!!! I have your new book. I am saving it till last!! I have Annie West's book to read and then yours!! I am making myslef wait!!!

Liz Fielding said...

Oh, sweet. I've been encouraged to take on ducks as an environmentally "friendly" way to get rid of slugs. Hmmm...

Barbara Hannay said...

Oh, Liz,
Ducks are gorgeous. But be careful. They can really make a mess if they follow you close around the house.