Friday, March 06, 2009

an artist to love...



I'm being rather boring at the moment. Head down writing and all that. Have to have this book done by end of month. So I thought I'd give you some lovely images to look at.


These are by woodblock artist Cressida Campbell and I just love them. Isn't it amazing to think that she first carves these images from wood, then paints the wood block and makes a mirror image print from that? She only ever makes one copy! All my heroines love her work, too, and their homes are often versions of these interiors.
If you are lucky enough to live in or be visiting Brisbane, there is an exhibition of Cressida Campbell's work at the QUT museum and it will continue till April 16th.

3 comments:

Magdalena Scott said...

Good luck with your deadline, Barbara! Thank you for sharing the pictures. I'd like to live in #1, please.

;)

Anonymous said...

My word your heroines have excellent taste and flair!! They are beautiful prints. I remember teaching my class about Grace Cossington Smith and we painted 'In the style of'. Those prints look as if someone really lives in them. Good luck with the deadline.

JoyfullyHis said...

Wow! She is amazing. I just want to walk in there and lounge around a bit. As to your deadline, you can do it (with style!). :)