Friday, April 18, 2008

Oh My God, I Might Have To Smile


Yesterday I went to another library talk, but this time I was in the audience rather than out the front. I was listening to a woman writer from Cairns – Letizia De Rosa, who has written three books – Antonio’s Niche (about her Italian father’s struggle to survive in Naples during World War2), Conversations with My Mother (philosophical musings about being a woman), and Oh My God, I Might Have To Smile (a collection of Letizia's thoughts and quotations).

Letizia was inspired to start writing after her two babies died and she is also a very effective and inspiring public speaker and she has created her own publishing business Sorrentini Publishing.

Quite a woman.

I think it's important for writers to band together and support each other even when we write in very different genres and for quite different audiences. Our local library has always given me fabulous support. They've even added Claiming His Family to their Book Club reading list.

And it was great to see libraries and service clubs here all supporting Letizia -- a true woman with altitude.

I wanted to share with you a quote I loved from Oh My God, I Might Have To Smile.

The answer to life is focus, fortitude,

Fun-filled responsibility,

Happy thoughts, honest reflection and

The company of genuine friends.


1 comment:

david santos said...

Hello, Barbara!
I loved this post and this blog.
Have a nice week.