Thursday, June 12, 2008

Last weekend...

Last weekend we went to Brisbane for a significant birthday celebration for my daughter, Victoria. Vicki used to be a dancer and she worked with a contemporary company called Dance North. As a dancer she has travelled all over Australia, as well as to Scotland, China, Korea and Japan. But a few years back, she went skiing in the French Alps and a knee injury caused her to rethink her career. After a couple of years drifting, she decided to study Occupational Therapy and now she is just one semester away from graduating with Honours. Needless to say we're very proud of her.
And our weekend was fabulous, because I also have another daughter, two sisters, two grandchildren, assorted spouses of same, as well as nephews, nieces and a Mum in the Brisbane region.
Here are a few pics of how our family spent a completely non-writing weekend...


Vick throwing a frisbee with my granddaughter, Lucy.

With her boyfriend, Matt -- barbecuing sausages.

And here's just one small glimpse of my mum's five acre garden.

Andrew doesn't like this shot, but I love it -- of my younger daughter and younger son in another part of my mum's garden. Who would know she's just been through ten years of drought?
One disappointment -- I missed seeing Jane Austen's Persuasion on TV on Sunday night. Must see if I can track it down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful family you have!! Everyone is so talented and you all look very happy!!! Persuasion was VERY good, a different tale to the older one with Amanda Root and Ciaran Hinds, but very good nevertheless!!