Tuesday, December 15, 2009

And you didn't even ask for them...

The bulls of Rockhampton... a small sample...




Then we continued driving south and came to Miriam Vale where we always stop for the most delicious fresh crab sandwiches... and you know, I'd never noticed the old fellow on the roof before, but these days I'm totally atune...

Now we're in Noosa and I've finished my book, so I'm officially on holidays. I was sad to let these characters go, actually, but last night E and I had a divine dinner at a restaurant right on the edge of the sand to send them off in style. Can you guess what we talked about (at least some of the time?) yeah... my next book.:)


2 comments:

2paw said...

Isn't it funny how we have so many 'big' things. Maybe the land is so vast that only big things stand out??
I really enjoyed your Bulls of Rockhampton, here is a link to the painted cows of the North West:
http://www.abc.net.au/local/photos/2008/05/06/2236753.htm?site=northtas
I hope you like them too.
Your dinner with E sounds wonderful. MrsDrWho and I talk about fictional characters as if they are real. Well written characters gain a life of their own and we often wonder about their lives outside the book or show in which they appear.
I am very excited to hear there is not only a new book, but another in the offing!!!

Barbara Hannay said...

Oh, those cows are fab, 2paw. What clever children to have decorated them so beautifully.
I'm so glad you and MrsDrWho have those conversations about characters. Last night E and I actually talked about the characters from my Star Valley trilogy, as well as the most recent pair, and we wondered if the big family group at a long table near us might not have been a bit like them. We tried to work out how many children the McKinnon/Grainger clan have by now, and even discussed the possibility of sending them Christmas cards, so you can see were quite, quite carried away.