Sunday, January 24, 2010

It's raining...


It's raining, raining, raining...

Thanks to ex Cyclone Neville and ex Cyclone Olga, we are being drenched...

This morning when I went to the bakery, I got out the blue floral umbrella I've had since I first went to England to meet my editor in 1998. Outside my office, the rain is falling noisily on window eaves and splashing in the open passageways in the centre of our building. It's so gloomy inside my office that I have all the lights on and the red Indian throw on the sofa glows in the warm light.

I love the monsoon season when Queensland loses all pretense of being the Sunshine State.

1 comment:

2paw said...

Oh I am soooo jealous, we have had only a few mm of rain since the middle of December and everything is strawy and dry. How I long to hear the rain on my roof!!!
I love that you write in a 'writerly' way even when it is about your office!!