Friday, December 17, 2010

A little gem of wisdom...

Yetserday we moved out of our apartment and our furniture and boxes are in storage until after Christmas. I'm exhausted from all the packing, packing, packing, and the heat... which is quite disgusting...and hits like a wall of damp sweat the second you move out of air-conditioning.
The great thing is that I've streamlined our possessions yet again (that's the one really good thing about moving). I went through every file in my filing cabinets, recycling masses of unnecessary paper, and that set the standard for my approach to this move.
Now, until Wedensday, we're house-sitting for my son and his family who are heading even further south for Christmas than we are. We're also caring for their cat and dog... Winnie and Rosie...
This is the photo they framed for us for Christmas, a picture we'll treasure to be sure...

On the writing front, I have revisions, but I can't face them till we're settled at Tarzali (after Christmas).

And this might sound irrelevant... giving how blessed I am, but I wanted to share these wise words I read recently in a novel by one of my very fave authors, Rosmunde Pilcher...

The secret to happiness is making the most of what you've got.

It might sound obvious, but it struck a chord with me.

3 comments:

Lacey Devlin said...

That is such a GORGEOUS picture Barbara! What a wonderful quote too.

Michelle Douglas said...

Oh, Barb, that is the most gorgeous picture!

Wishing you all the very best for your move :-)

Phillipa Ashley said...

What a fabulous photo - and what a contrast to the frozen North here.. wishing you all a very happy Christmas,
P xxxx