Tuesday, May 31, 2011

NQ Roadshow...

Phew... it's been a big week, but I'm pleased to report that our Roadshow was deemed a fabulous success by all involved. I couldn't begin to give a blow by blow account of the workshops, so instead let me show you pics. First -- the wonderful table of prizes organized by our group's fabulous members Shannean Moncrieff and Mervet Mcclintock. (the table is graced by a scarf I brought back from Italy. :)

 And here's a shot of the room. On the floor you can see the goody bags, again stuffed with fab surprises by Shannean and Mervet.
 Our speakers were the amazing Anne Gracie (left) and  brilliant Kelly Hunter (right, in those boots!!!) as well as our local stalents, Helene Young and myself.


Here's a shot of Helene with Bernadette Rowley from Townsville, who was our illustrious MC.

This is Shannean and her crew, who ran lucky seat prizes and a raffle that raised over $500 for the Royal Flying doctors.
And these serious faces show how thought provoking the speakers were. Havva Murat, our hard-working registrar is in blue in the middle.
And then, of course, after all the hard work, there was a dinner at night where Anne Gracie flirted with Helene's husband, Graham.
And here's our lovely, fabulous group --
Back row: Helene Young, me, Havva Murat, Alice Honsa, Shannean Moncrieff, Noreen Allan
Front Row: Beeca Quinn, Mervet McClintock, Bernadette Rowley and Lilian Begelnole. My new dream is to see everyone of this wonderful writers published!!
  Thank you, everyone!

4 comments:

2paw said...

I am very glad it all went so well, I am sure the writers are very inspired now!!

Mel Haffners Book Club said...

I know I am, thank you Barbara and everyone involved.

Eleni Konstantine said...

Roadshows are so inspiring. I'm glad the NQ one was a success, Barb.

Lacey Devlin said...

It was a wonderful day and it was lovely to meet you in person, Barbara!