Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A RITA finalist...

I have very exciting news today. News that started at around eleven o'clock last night. I was sound asleep when the phone rang, and I might have panicked, but I did know it was the day the RITA® calls would go out. Just the same, I was a bit dopey, not thinking to turn on the light, but stumbling through the dark house and bumping into furniture. When I heard a lovely American voice on the line I knew that one of my books had finalled. Wow. Sat there in the dark, listening and it turned out it was Rancher's Twins: Mom Needed, my book with an illiterate cattleman hero, a story I brainstormed at one of our earlier retreats, so I have wonderful friends to thank for the inspiration.
I'm thrilled that a fellow Harlequin Romance author has been nominated in the same category. Donna Alward is a finalist with her fabulous book How A Cowboy Stole Her Heart. And Aussies Trish Morey and Fiona Lowe and Christina Brooke are also finalists -- all in different categories, so we don't have to compete with each other which is cool.
If you'd like to see the full list of finalists selected by Romance Writers of America®’  you can see it here.

8 comments:

Natalija said...

Congratulations! It's a huge achievement!

Barbara Hannay said...

Thanks so much, Natalija.

2paw said...

Congratulations, that's very exciting news!! I would have been worried by a phone call so late too, but it's good to know you were prepared.

Barbara Hannay said...

Oh, yes... I know the disquiet of the midddle of the night call. This time I was pretty confident it was good news.

Anne said...

It's gorgeous news, Barbara and well deserved. I loved that book of yours.

Helene Young said...

Congratulations, Barb. It's a gorgeous story and deserves to be on the list!! Fingers crossed for you:)

Eleni Konstantine said...

Wonderful news, Barbara. Congratulations!

Barbara Hannay said...

Thanks Anne, Helene and Eleni. Your lovely comments mean a lot to me.