Monday, June 15, 2009

a small progress report...

Not a book progress report. I'm not going to give you a word count -- because I have good days and bad days and really, you wouldn't want to know about the bad days. And I end up ripping out so much of what I've written that there's not a lot of point in counting the words. Here today, gone tomorrow...
I promise I'm writing between gardening, viewing plays, catching up with family and playing with babies.
The other morning I took a photo (at bottom of blog) of our steps. If you've been hanging around this blog for some time, you might remember when we made these drystone steps. This first photo only shows E doing the work, but it was a team effort. I swear. I did a lot of supervising. :) Actually, while we were working on these steps, I discovered an excellent use for our digital camera. Not just for taking shots of my DH! When we worked out how the stones fitted together (like a jigsaw) I would photograph them in position, but then we had to take them out again, to bed them properly in sand. However, we could refer to the pictures to see how they should go. Worked well. (I've heard since of another use for cameras -- if you take a pic of where you've parked your car in a big car park, it will help you to find it again. Too cool.)

Anyway, because we're not at Tarzali all the time, and we have so many projects on the go(including writing books) the progress on the garden is slow, but it is steady, and I thought I'd show you what the steps look like now. The photo's a bit shadowy and some of the flowers don't show up, but you can get the general idea.

2 comments:

2paw said...

I remember the steps being formed, they do look as if they have always been there now!! I used my camera to take a picture of the set up of the cables at the back of my TV/VCR/DVD etc. It made it much easier to put it all back together. I can't imagine being without my little camera!! Hope the writing goes well for you tomorrow!!

Magdalena Scott said...

The steps are wonderful! Yet another darling little area of your spot in the countryside.