Thursday, August 27, 2009

Writers anonymous...


My name is Barbara and I'm a writerholic. I've tried, really tried this week to take a break from writing, especially from starting a new book. I was sure my brain, my muse and my weak left wrist would all benefit if I gave writing a miss.

So... I've read half a dozen books, I've watched countless movies, I've spring cleaned the apartment, I've written blogs for other sites and answered two sets of interview questions. I've even gone for long walks and had long phone conversations. I've tried everything!!! After all, I know it's important to hold off as long as I can. A book is never as good as it is when it's just an idea in my head.

But today, I confess I caved.

I thought I'd just make a couple of notes for a new idea.

The notes grew to seven pages.

The book's started.

I have no willpower.

If you're an aspiring writer be warned. It's addictive.

2 comments:

2paw said...

I am sad you have been having an annoying inner battle, but I can't be too sad, because it means there will be a new book in the offing!!!
I think if something calls to you so, then it's not a job, it's a vocation!!!

Lacey Devlin said...

Ahh but it's good that you love what you do even if it does mean your fingers fall off. Perhaps you should get paid danger money....