Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A good sign?

I'm nearing the end of revisions on my latest which I have to hand in this evening. In this story a white heron plays a small but significant role. Woke up this morning to see this guy on the front lawn.

Can't see him? Sorry... I didn't have time to get closer... but here he is cropped and blurry.

It might just be a cattle egret, but I've never seen one here before. I'm not fussy. I'm taking it as a good omen... I need help. Set myself quite a challenge with this storyline.

4 comments:

2paw said...

It is a sign!! Have you read Lian Hearn/Gillian Rubinstein's Otori books?? They have herons in them. I really enjoyed them. We've seen lots of plovers this week on our walks. We see pelicans by the river too.

Barbara Hannay said...

I haven't read Gillian Rubinstein since Beyond the Labyrinth, which I loved!
Thank you for reminding me about her... and she's another heron lover? I knew she had good taste. :)

Barbara Hannay said...

I just looked at the Lian Hearn website and saw the heron walking across the bottom of the page. Gorgeous.
I think I've discovered a new series I must read.

2paw said...

The Otori series is fantasy, but not overly so, and it is really about love and the things people will do for love- and power and greed!!